What is Therapeutic Yoga
Therapeutic Yoga is the variation of yoga practices for people with health problems. In therapeutic yoga the specific regimens of postures, pranayam, and relaxation techniques are designed to suit individual needs. Medical research shows that Yoga therapy is among the most effective complementary therapies for several common ailments.
Participants are encouraged to take a medical test before they start the regime. By practising therapeutic yoga medicines can be gradually reduced according to the doctors advice. Yoga and medicines work hand in hand to safely re-establish health.
According to therapeutic yoga, participants are encouraged to start with making small movements by counting. They are gradually taught breathing and awareness of positions according to movements. All these three will slow them down mentally and physically which helps to cure diseases.
Therapeutic Yoga for ailments :
- Headache, Migraine and neck pain
- Thyroid hypo and hyper
- High Blood pressure and low blood pressure
- Heart Problems
- Bronchial Asthma and nasal allergy
- Common cold and Sinusitis
- Gastro-intestinal disorder (Hyperacidity,constipation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Cervical spondylitis
- Back pain
- Menstrual disorder 1(Heavy periods )
- Menstrual disorder 2(Delayed cycle)
- Varicose veins
- Auto immune diseases
- Knee pain
- Voice culture
- PCOS (poly cystic ovary syndrome)
- Weight reduction